I recently purchased a bouquet of flowers over the phone from the volunteer shop of our most local and main hospital. The card was to read “You Are Loved, From Someone Who Cares”.
I asked the volunteer agency to find a patient, maybe elderly? Maybe who has no visitors? Maybe someone who needs to be cheered up for whatever reason? And deliver the flowers to them on my behalf.
This was actually more difficult than it sounds because they did not understand why I would want to do it! Anyway, I finally convinced them and they know me now if I call up again!
I feel all warm and fuzzy inside to think that I the flowers may have shone a little light into someone’s day who needs it! – Cathy Domoney
Stories of Kindness
- Social Emotional Learning: Classroom Circles Build Community
- Feeding The Inbetweeners
- Have you seen the Sign? Bright orange messages of kindness are spreading across the country.
- He left me a post-it note every morning
- Benefits of coloring for children and adults
- Stalking her on Facebook
- A Principal Inspires Teachers to Spread Kindness at School
- They remember how I made them feel
- A garden of kindness
- My Ripple Kindness Project
- Christmas Voucher