A few weeks ago, I went into Chase’s class for tutoring.
I’d emailed Chase’s teacher one evening and said, “Chase keeps telling me that this stuff you’re sending home is math – but I’m not sure I believe him. Help, please.” She emailed right back and said, “No problem! I can tutor Chase after school anytime.” And I said, “No, not him. Me. He gets it. Help me.” And that’s how I ended up standing at a chalkboard in an empty fifth grade classroom staring at rows of shapes that Chase’s teacher kept referring to as “numbers.” read more →
From the Blog
- 10 Jul 2017The Mayonnaise Jar: A Valuable Lesson for a Happier Life
- 08 Apr 2017Mind Jars: a mindfulness tool to help kids relax
- 15 Feb 2017Who’s going to save the bully?
- 15 Aug 2016Books for bedtime
- 19 Jul 2016Nourish Network