The Ripple Kindness Project for Schools is a comprehensive, fun and rewarding,
on-going whole school positive psychology curriculum. It provides the early intervention that can redirect children’s thoughts, feelings and actions to improve social, emotional and mental health and reduce bullying.
Through lessons and activities aimed at the classroom, home and community, children learn that kindness is more than just a project that’s left at the school gate. Students are given opportunities to experience first hand the feel good emotions that are produced when being kind. The benefit are immense and not just for students as teachers and other members of the school community are positively affected.
Many traditional anti-bullying programs have been tested in schools, often with disappointing results. We are convinced that in order to reduce bullying and address issues like low self-esteem and depression, schools must think outside the square to include social and emotional learning as a part of the syllabus.
Bullying is often the result of a lack of character education, where children simply don’t know any better. Blaming and shaming isnt the solution as children must learn how to behave appropriately and nurture positive relationships. Teaching children to be kind should be a vital part of their education.
Understanding the ever growing pressure on teachers with an already crowded curriculum, we’ve made it easy to integrate lessons and activities into existing timetables. Run throughout a child’s entire primary education, our curriculum offers a variety of exercises and homework assignments as well as an extensive list of additional activities and resources to reinforce and compliment teachings.
Your Package Inclusions:
7 age-appropriate, flexible and easy-to-use modules
• Homework assignments
• Group discussion ideas
• Whole school activity concepts to teach children about their emotions,
building resilience, and the importance of being kind and considerate
towards themselves and others.
• Activities that encompass classroom, home and community projects to encourage
all participants to take kindness outside of the school gate, with the definitive
aim of reinforcing that the program is not just a school project but a way of life
• Flexible lesson plan concepts that can be mixed and matched to suit
individual classrooms and timetables.
300 Ripple Kindness Cards for children
Children’s kindness cards are included for use with students in Years 2, 3 and 4.
100 Ripple Kindness Cards for adults
Adult kindness cards are specifically designed to inspire teachers
and engage the community.
• Facts about the benefits of kindness
• Tips for creating positive classrooms
• Ideas to improve teacher well-being
• Activities to introduce mindfulness
• Lesson and worksheet guidelines
• Recommended reading options
• Supplementary kindness activities
• Printable display posters and other useful classroom resources
• Student award certificates and nomination forms
• Inspirational video clip (performed by children)
• Kindness Changes Everything song lyrics and sheet music
Emailed to your inbox and filled with kind ideas, inspirational stories, new resources and useful tips, contributions from our Ripple Kindness schools and supporters, etc.
Further resources available on request
• Bound hardcopies of the 320-page curriculum.
• Ripple Kindness Cards for subsequent years.
Ripple Kindness Project for Schools has been reviewed by and included in the
KidsMatter Program Guide.