My daughter is the manager of an apartment building and as such has to deal with lease violations that lead to eviction notices. It can be tense and was especially so with one young man who had some issues with drug abuse and anger management. The police had been called to his apartment a few times by alarmed residents and it only escalated when she had to serve yet another violation notice for his car that he had up on blocks and had been working on for months. The police were called yet again as he vented his anger and frustration on his brother’s car with a baseball bat. Many people just wanted him gone! read more →
There once was a little boy who had a bad temper. His father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the back of the fence.
The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks, as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails hammered daily gradually dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence. read more →
Stories of Kindness
- Social Emotional Learning: Classroom Circles Build Community
- Feeding The Inbetweeners
- Have you seen the Sign? Bright orange messages of kindness are spreading across the country.
- He left me a post-it note every morning
- Benefits of coloring for children and adults
- Stalking her on Facebook
- A Principal Inspires Teachers to Spread Kindness at School
- They remember how I made them feel
- A garden of kindness
- My Ripple Kindness Project
- Christmas Voucher