At Jon Bon Jovi’s Soul Kitchen, Friendship is the Daily Special
Founded in 2011 by veteran rocker and serial social entrepreneur Jon Bon Jovi, Soul Kitchen is a community restaurant located in Red Bank, N. J., where there are no reservations or prices on the menus. The concept is similar to the philosophy that fuels Shanaka Fernando’s Lentil As Anything, a chain of restaurants that allows guests to pay what they can afford or wish to contribute.
Soul Kitchen is just one of the projects within Jon Bon Jovi’s Soul Foundation, a nonprofit organization committed to ending the cycle of poverty and homelessness for individuals and families in the United States. Soul Kitchen’s goal is to combat hunger and to develop a feeling of community by creating a restaurant where “all are welcome at the table” and where “friendship is the daily special.” read more →
Stories of Kindness
- Social Emotional Learning: Classroom Circles Build Community
- Feeding The Inbetweeners
- Have you seen the Sign? Bright orange messages of kindness are spreading across the country.
- He left me a post-it note every morning
- Benefits of coloring for children and adults
- Stalking her on Facebook
- A Principal Inspires Teachers to Spread Kindness at School
- They remember how I made them feel
- A garden of kindness
- My Ripple Kindness Project
- Christmas Voucher