Acts of kindness are simple, yet effective ways for people to connection and demonstrate their ability to think outside of themselves to care for and consider others.
A kind act doesn’t need to be difficult or costly, and there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Each one matters and has an impact on someone in some way.
And though we may not always see the results of our gesture, just knowing it may trigger a ripple that affects many lives gives us a sense of pride and boosts our feelgood meter.
Kindness helps us step out of our comfort zone to reach out to people we might normally not have interacted with. Chatting with someone in a lift, helping someone with their heavy load, complementing a mother on her children, a warm touch or smile… each encounter produces positive feelings for both the giver and receiver to set the tone for a happy day.
Kindness is contagious, so do something nice and watch the ripple take hold… because your kindness counts.
Stories of Kindness
- 10 Oct 2018I’m still smiling about this one thing
- 12 Sep 2018Feeding The Inbetweeners
- 26 Aug 2018Have you seen the Sign? Bright orange messages of kindness are spreading across the country.
- 13 Aug 2018He left me a post-it note every morning
- 16 Jul 2018Stalking her on Facebook